You may be a successful seller on Amazon. But, if you don’t know the art of answering Amazon customer questions on your product pages, you may be missing out on selling opportunities. However, it’s never too late to participate in customer questions on Amazon product pages.
When customers post questions about a product on its page, they look for a prompt and expert answer. Before presenting a guideline to help you provide meaningful answers to your customers’ queries, let’s find out why providing answers to customer questions on Amazon is important.
Why is providing Answers Important?
How Should You Answer Amazon Customer Questions?
- Be respectful: Make a sincere attempt to help the customer or others who are reading your answers.
- Be specific: Customize and personalize your answer to clarify specific concerns. Avoid providing a boilerplate response.
- Be informative: Provide updated information about the purchasing process or the product and any information that facilitates buyers.
What to Avoid
- Boilerplate responses to multiple questions: Always customize or personalize your answers.
- Ongoing support dialogues: Ignore the question if you can’t provide an answer.
- Posting links to any promotional or your own website for malicious or promotional purposes: Amazon does not allow posting any answers that contain links for directing customers to owners’ manuals or supporting pictures.
- Do not post any answer that impersonates any entity or person. You can answer only as your store’s representative.
- Do not add any seller logos that display or contain a link to the seller’s website
- Any promotion or marketing message
- Any referral to third-party products
- Spiteful remarks, obscenities, or profanity
- Insults of other individuals and groups
- Personal information such as email and physical addresses along with phone numbers
- Commercial content such as solicitations, promotions, and advertising
- Trade secrets or copyrighted content
- Content that violates any applicable law or your seller agreement
You can learn more here about Amazon’s customer questions & answers guidelines here.