The Amazon logo depicts their brand message: the online giant retailer sells everything from A to Z. While Amazon sells every product that you can imagine, you can’t just sell any item on the platform. That’s because the online retailer takes preventive measures to protect its consumers from harmful and fraudulent products.
Amazon has several categories restricted to most sellers. These categories are also popular as Amazon Gated Categories. Amazon restricts certain categories because the platform wants to ensure the seller is legitimate. Sellers must get approval before selling in these somewhat risky categories. In other words, sellers must undergo a rigorous verification process to sell Amazon gated products. Some ungated categories include Clothing & Accessories, Beauty products, Camera & Photo, Consumer Electronics, Baby products, Home & Garden, etc.
So, how do you get category approval on Amazon? In this post, we will review the gated categories and explore the Amazon category approval process.
Sharing is Caring!
Amazon Restricted Categories
Here is a list of the currently gated categories on Amazon.
- Personal Safety and Household Products
- Entertainment Collectibles
- Automotive & Powersports
- Fine Art
- Collectible Coins
- Join Amazon Handmade
- Toys and Games
- Join Amazon Subscription Boxes
- Made in Italy
- Music & DVD
- Video, DVD, & Blu-ray
- Streaming Media Players
- Sports Collectibles
- Dietary Supplements
- Product ASINs
How to Get Category Approval on Amazon
Although the Amazon category approval process is not complicated, it can take some time. If you are a professional seller on Amazon and enjoy a good reputation, you have better chances of automatically getting an approval when you send in a request. But that might not be the case if you are a newbie. As a professional seller, you have to pay a monthly subscription fee of $39.99 plus additional selling fees. Apart from that, you must prove the product’s authenticity by proving that the products you are selling are from either a licensed dealer or the manufacturer.
Check for product restrictions or Amazon category restrictions to request for approval through your Amazon Seller Central Account. Here is what you need to do.
- Go to your Seller Central account dashboard and click on ‘inventory.’
- Choose ‘Add a Product.’
- Look up the name of the product you wish to sell.
- If your search results return as restricted, choose ‘Listing Limitations Apply.’
- Click the ‘Request Approval’ button.
In case you get immediate approval, start selling immediately!
What happens if you don’t Get an Approval?
Otherwise, you will need to provide further information about your business, products, and wholesale invoices. Amazon will review your request and make an informed decision after assessing your invoices along with additional criteria, including:
- A minimum of 3-month sales history
- Pro-seller plan
- Provision for free delivery or a return address in the country you are selling
- An order defect rate of below 1%
- Customer service support in local language
In case a seller is currently selling a product that meets the restricted category elsewhere, he will already possess this information. However, if you were sourcing a new product and worried about purchasing stock before knowing if you will make it to the gated category, don’t’ worry. The invoice you submit does not necessarily have to be for the product you wish to sell. All you need to do is submit a wholesale invoice (original not printed) for any product falling into the Amazon restricted categories.
If you want to know more about how you can get category approval on Amazon, get in touch with Rank AMZ to help you go through the process step-by-step. If your account complies with Amazon’s all policies, Rank AMZ guarantees your request’s timely approval.
Amazon is the largest online retail platform in the world. Adding videos to your Amazon product listing may seem a little daunting; however, it couldn’t be any easier with this following guide.
An Amazon listing is a page for each item you are selling on Amazon. Getting your Amazon product listing right determines how successful your product sales would be on the platform. This is the way your customers choose the products they would like to have.
Sharing is Caring!
As having the best Amazon Product listing is tantamount to success on Amazon, it is essential to do everything you can to ensure your listing is incredible! One of the ways you can do this is by adding videos to your Amazon Product Listing. This engages your customers more and helps them to understand how good the product is, further encouraging them to purchase the item.
Most customers would prefer to watch a product video than read a description of it. In fact, According to a study done by Adobe, customers who view demo videos are 1.81 times more likely to purchase items on sale than customers that don’t view videos. A study by eMarketer in 2017 found that four times as many shoppers would preferably view a video about an item than reading up on it.
How do you upload a video to your Amazon listing?
One method to add your videos to your product listing is the Enhanced Brand Content, which is as follows:
- Log in to your Seller Central on your Amazon account.
- Navigate to Advertising and select Enhanced Brand Content in your Amazon Seller Central account.
- Select the SKU (Stock Keeping Unit) that you would like to add to your video.
- Go ahead and hit the ‘Get Started’ button to search for the product.
- When the search is done, you will have your product details displayed. You may go ahead and select the ‘Add Video’ button to continue.
- The last step is to upload your video. Select a thumbnail and fill out your product title and the product description—Select Submit when done.
Add Video as Customer Reviews
Another method is to Add Your Video as Customer Reviews. Here is a simple way you can get across to shoppers, as most people that are seriously considering buying products will check reviews. Amazon always asks for feedback after a purchase. Rather than leaving it to the generic email Amazon would send, it is better to send personalized review requests, shortly after the shopper receives the products.
Here’s a guide to add the essential Amazon video review videos.
- After logging in to your Amazon account, head over to the product detail page for the item bought on Amazon.com
- In the Customer Reviews section, select ‘Write a customer review.’
- Rate the purchased product.
- Begin the Review
- Immediately you start tying in your review; an option to add a video or photos to your review will appear. The option, as mentioned earlier, wouldn’t be visible till this.
- Upload your media to the review. Select that grey button, choose the files you want to upload, and click submit when you’re done.
- To ensure your review appears as you desire, select Preview your review.
- Select Publish Review to submit.
Now, you have added a video to your Amazon Product Listing in such easy steps!
You are sure to get an increase in views and customers!
Rank AMZ services will give customers the best motivation to invest in your product. With us, you’ll be getting customizable uploads to suit your various needs. Well, also handle and upload your related videos keeping your special requirements in mind. So, get your best video up on Amazon Today!
Amazon is the omnipresent, one-stop-shop for all that ‘is’. If you are thinking about joining this thriving, populated market space, there are a few basic optimization strategies to sell and market your product on Amazon.
There are over 12 million products on Amazon, and nearly 2,000 new sellers are added each day. That is comparable to finding a needle in a haystack. The good news is that over 197 million people a month stampede to Amazon as consumers, which is more buyers than Russia’s population! So, how do you go about highlighting your needle? Below are effective strategies to make your Amazon product listing stand out.
Sharing is Caring!
To sell on Amazon, you will need to establish a seller account. After you have established that, the essential thing that you need to create is your Amazon product listing. The product listing page contains:
- Product Title
- Product Image
- Variations (different colors, smells, etc.)
- Bullet Points (short, descriptive highlights)
- Featured Offer/Buy Box (featured offer)
- Other Offers (competitors offering same product)
- Description (keywords, SEO so that people can find you)
Optimize Your Product Page
To sell with confidence, the first thing you need is to promote your product with an exquisitely detailed story about your product. Think of this page as an informational with the added benefits of Amazon SEO. The two main features of your product page will be the title and image. This page has the dual purpose of acting as your lead generator and your closer, so those are the topics we will be expanding upon.
Product Page Image
Pictures speak more than 1,000 words. This holds true of your product picture as well. A majority of consumers will purchase from the image and price alone. It is also the deciding factor of whether they keep scrolling or decide to stay on your page. You must capture a high-quality image.
You can include up to 9 product images. The more, the better. Amazon has image requirements that will have to be adhered to. The main product image has to be fixed on a white background, but the other images can showcase your product at different angles or being worn or used. You can also include charts and compare your products directly with competitors. Remember that Amazon buyers can zoom in, so their specifications allow for 1,000px x 1,000px.
First, introduce your product with a captivating product title. This page is what a consumer will see first, effectively serving as a first impression, so you want to make an impact. The title should be clear about what your product is. Amazon allows 200 characters; however, you should aim for well-placed words in quality rather than a hodgepodge quantity.
A few things that you may want to include in the title and that are SEO friendly would be:
- The product name
- A unique beneficial feature
- Your brand name
- Description of the product (color, material, how big it is)
Your title is the setting for the introduction to the consumer but also acts as the catalyst for keyword searches. It is of paramount importance that your product identifies well with search results. If you are unsure, visit Amazon and do a few searches and see what is popping up with the keywords that you choose. Doing your searches will allow you to navigate to the kind of distinction that fits your product. Also, be sure to check your category for your product category’s title guidelines.
Other helpful hints can be found by researching Amazon’s title formatting rules. A few key things:
- You cannot identify the superiority of your product with opinions (using words like ‘the best’)
- Shorten numbers, don’t spell them out (twenty-five to 25)
- Capitalize every word to have your product stand out
- Refrain from creating duplicate pages
Product features allow you to highlight the specific benefits of using your product. Amazon encourages listing at least five features. Features should point to a bullet list displaying the information you want customers to consider while perusing your product. It will help them swiftly evaluate and differentiate your product from other similar products. Things that should be in your bullet features list are:
- Reiterate important information
- Highlight the main features and benefits of the product; biggest benefits on top of a bulleted list working your way down
- Use fragment sentences
- Capitalize each bullet point
- List anything unique and pertinent such as dimensions, contents, age appropriateness
- DO NOT include seller information or pricing; Amazon prohibits this
If your consumer has made it this far into your project page, you have done well. Product descriptions can be up to 2,000 characters and should be written from a buyer persona standpoint. You have precious seconds with customers in competition chaos.
Remember, most shopping is done on the phone so you want your description to be informative and easy to read. This is your opportunity to provide essential information to close the deal. Consumers shouldn’t have to scroll. What you will want to do is expand on the product’s features and benefits mentioned in the bullets. Be sure to extra descriptive and show how your product and help improve their life. End with a strong call to action that encourages them to purchase your product.
Amazon’s algorithms require a commanding knowledge of search words. Amazon allows for 249 characters, so use them wisely. What your search terms should do is create a wide net in an ocean full of consumers. Amazon tracks everything; they will know if people are spending money while on your page or not. If not, you won’t hold a high rank in their search results. Search terms = popularity contest. Things you will want to do:
- Type in search words of your product and competitors into Amazon’s search bar, see what is ranking.
- Use keyword tools, such as Helium 10, to generate additional keyword ideas.
- Be specific and use long tail keywords. Broad terms are good too but are more competitive to rank for.
- Choose keywords that you haven’t used in the title and product features. Keywords only have to be mentioned once.
- Use highly relevant terms to your product.
Love At First Sight With Your Product Page
Making a positive first impression has been the cornerstone of every good relationship. It is also the cornerstone of capitalizing Amazon selling and marketing strategies. Having a strong introduction, precise definition, exact searchable keywords, and high-quality imagery of your product is the formula for your product being viewed, admired, and purchased. Words are powerful sales tools if appropriately constructed.
Amazon product listings are like your product resume to 197 million or more buyers. To showcase your product and plant it firmly in top searches of people sitting on the edge of their seats in buying mode, your product page optimization should be on point.
Want to give your Amazon product listings a boost? Our professional Amazon product description services can help.